The fact is there's no universal formula or easy process for recovering fuel taxes. However, depending on the industry, the type(s) of fuel used by your fleet, the mix of vehicles and equipment, the taxing jurisdiction(s), where and how fuels are purchased and consumed, and a variety of other criteria, many opportunities exist for the recovery of motor fuel taxes.
A few examples of commonly overlooked Fuel Tax recovery opportunities
- Power Take Off (PTO)
- Idle Time
- Refrigerated Units
- Exempt Government Agencies
What we do
NECS is America's EXPERT in fuel taxes™. Our experienced professionals will:
- Analyze your company's fleet operations, equipment, fuel purchasing methods, and fuel usage
- Gather required supporting documentation
- Contact all appropriate taxing authorities and file necessary paperwork
- Monitor the refund process
- Handle all questions and/or requests for additional information
- Reconcile any differences
- Represent tax filings in case of regulatory review or audit
NECS® was awarded the United States Postal Service Quality Supplier Award (QSA) for fuel tax recovery work performed on behalf of the USPS.
We are dedicated to being the fuel tax experts you can trust for the most up-to-date fuel tax information and refund opportunities.
Contact us today and discover how much your company can save.